Wringer #2

Logan, Madi, Sophia S., Bella, Savannah, Adam

4-23

Your Reviews!

Below are reviews of Wringer.

4-6

How do you think Palmer’s life will change because Nipper landed on his head outside? Why? Use evidence from the text and your own knowledge in your quality response.

3-9

Palmer has a pigeon in his bedroom, Nipper! How is this going to affect his relationship with his friends? Will this be a good or bad thing? Explain your thinking with examples from the text as well as your own background knowledge.

2-22

Why did you pick Wringer What do you think the book will be about? Why? Explain your quality thinking.

10 thoughts on “Wringer #2

1. I picked Wringer because it sounded like a book with a twist in the story. I think the book will be about a kid who wants to be cool like other boys but when something happens and he disagrees with the other boys he will get made fun of. And he will get made fun of for a while. But then he will start hanging out with the fish face girl and they will become friends. And in the end his mom is happy because he is not hanging out with the boys. And Palmer is happy because he has a friend and the boys aren’t making fun of him.

2. I picked Winger because I think that since he turns nine in the book I thought that maybe it could be more relatable and I could share more ideas about my personal life. I also think that this could also be a different to try because most of the books I read are about  kids going to middle school or having regular problems in there life ( they aren’t bad thought)  but since it is about being a wringer and that’s a bit different and not what I would usually read in a book.
    I also think that the book is going to be about him getting out of being a wringer or maybe take a stand about it. I think that either way he does it he will be able to get out of being a wringer. I also think that since all of palmers new friends are all about the winger idea I think that he slowly become not as good of friends with them and I think that eventually he and Dorothy will become better friends even though we don’t know much about her.  

3. Palmer’s pigeon will effect his relationship with his friends because his friends are wringers and he isn’t a wringer. So if they find out about the pigeon they will probably be mean to him, and tell people about it. I think this because nobody that he knows that he likes pigeons so if somebody finds out, that person will tell someone else, and that person will tell another person, and then it will get out to every body. So either he has to get rid of Nipper or get rid of his kinda new friends.

4. I picked Wringer because the book seemed like it was gonna be a really good book, and it is. I hope that in Wringer something more exciting than just a pigeon in his room. I picked this book because when I read the back and I read the first page I thought that there would be more action in this. The book is a great book and I mainly picked it because it seemed like there would be action, well more then there is.

5. I think Palmers life would be different when Nipper flew on his head because the guys saw it so they think that it’s his pigeon and if they find out that it is his pigeon the guys will get mad. And they might tell people and then he will be a outcast. But he still will have Dorothy, or she might not want to be friends too. I think the secret is going to get out eventually but it will backfire and palmer will be mad but something will happen and palmer will be fine, but the guys will still make fun of him and other people will, but he will be happy because he has Dorothy and he has Nipper. And Palmer is happy.

6. Since Nipper Landed on Palmers head I think Palmers life will be different because Nipper landed on his head when Palmer was with his group of friends and that is the second time they have seen the pigeon around Palmer and they got kinda suspicious and I think they still think that the pigeon is Palmers because when Palmer said the pigeon wasn’t his they didn’t believe him but after they were just like ok. So towards the end of the book I think Nipper will keep going to Palmer while the boys are around and eventually figure out that Nipper is Palmers.

7. Wringer
    By: Jerry Spinelli
    Review written by: Madi

If you like reading books that have drama, love between a pet and a boy, then the book Wringer is for you. This book is takes place in a town. Palmer is a caring boy who has an not so normal pet come into his life and changes it. The Author message to me was that, “Don’t change for someone else .” I liked this book because of the friendships that were developed over time. I would recommend this book to people who like reading about drama and friendships. Also people who like animals would like it. I liked this book and would also recommend this book for ages ten and up. I think that the book Wringer is a good book to read.

8. Wringer By:Jerry Spinelli By:Logan If your looking for a story taking place in a small town, then you should choose Wringer to read.In this book Palmer (the main character) learned he had to wring pigeons when he was ten on family fest but he did not want to and had one secret he was keeping from his friends that he had a pigeon when Palmer’s bird Nipper flew on his head when they were walking on the street he acted like it was not his but his friends did not care.A couple days later it is Palmer’s and he has to get the “treatment” when he was close to getting it he said a lot of things before he ran off and he hears “your dead snots”.After all that madness in the end Nipper flew back after getting released from the crate and got shot Palmer walked on the field to not wring Nipper but rescue him.I would recommend this to 5 grade and up because they will understand the book more.

9. Wringer
    By: Jerry Spinelli
    Review written by: Sophia

If you are looking for a book with tons of drama and love you should read Wringer is the book for you. This book takes place in a small town with a boy named palmer, and one day an unexpected pet comes to his window sill witch isn’t a problem right? But it keeps coming back every single day! What is palmer going to do? But ever since that day with the animal coming to the window sill his life will never be the same, and the problem with his little pet it that it’s not a very normal pet to have. Every year they have a Family fest and they shoot and kill 5000 birds and when all boys turn 10 they have to kill them too but palmer doesn’t want to do it like all the other boys. I think that the author’s message was that you don’t have to fit in with everyone else. I liked this book because it shows a very unusual but very loving relationship between boy and his pet.

10. Wringer
    By: Jerry Spinelli
    Review written by: Bella

Are you looking for a about forbidden friendship between a pet and a boy? Than the book Wringer is the book for you.It is about a nine year old boy named Palmer who is about to become a wringer just like all the other exited boys but there is one thing different about Palmer…Being a wringer is his worst fear! Well he worries about his birthday when he is ten and is able to be a wringer an unexpected friend shows up..a pigeon. Palmer can’t imagine twisting the pigeons neck and and his eyes going out as the days got closer to the family fest where Palmer decides if he is going to wring a pigeon or not.
    I loved this book because there was something going on, on every page and if something ended there was another thing to go on again.I also like how the boy stood up for himself because I am really passionate about that.
    I would recommend this book for kids 8-12 because it is a pretty long read and it has some gruesome stuff that is not for younger kids.