Number The Stars #3

Emmalee, Sophia K., Madi, Garrett, Christian, Hannah, Nathan

1-9

Annemarie must deliver the packet to Uncle Henrik at the boat. On page 105 she says, “Mama, what’s in the bottom?” Mama didn’t answer. What do you think is in the packet? Why? Explain your thinking in a quality paragraph.

11-27

You are just beginning to learn about Annemarie. What kind of kid is she? Describe her personality using examples from the book. Your answer needs to be a quality paragraph with a main idea and details. Make sure you proofread your work before posting too!

11 thoughts on “Number The Stars #3

1. I think Annemarie is an athletic type of person, unlike Ellen. One of the details that told me this was on page 1, sentence 1: “I’ll race you to the corner, Ellen!”. This shows that Annemarie wanted to race Ellen. Another detail was in sentence 8, page 1: “ We have to practice for the athletic meet on Friday- I know I’m going to win the girl’s race this week. I was second last week, but I’ve been practicing every day.Come on, Ellen.”. That really shows how athletic Annemarie is. In conclusion, I think Annemarie is an athletic kind of person.

2. I just started Number the Stars and I think that Annie Marie is a adventurous person and doesn’t get scared easily. I think this because when her little sister told her mom about the Nazi soldiers, their mom asked her about it she didn’t seem to scared and acted like it was no big deal. Also she lied to a Nazi soldier about her bags even when he called her a hoodlum. Also she is an adventurous person because she was so intrigued by why the button shop closed and when she found out why she was really confused why they would do that.

3. I think Annemarie is a determined  person, because her dad told he that she will die for the king that was when she wwas 7. Now she is 10 and she wants to fight for the king. She also said that she wants to be first in her track team, so she have been training all the time to be first.

4. Number the Stars is about nazis invading Denmark. So kids named Ellen,Annemarie and Kirsti.So while Annemarie and Ellen are reaching the run into a soldier. He called them hoodlums. They always have races on Fridays. Annemarie thinks Ellen is a stocky ten-year-old. Then the soldier lets them go. Annamarie gets sad when she thinks of her sister lise. She died in a car crash. It said that an Incident I Don’t know what it is. Maybe it will say it later in the story. A Family of three girls their going to have a boy

5. My thoughts on Annemarie is a sporty kid and she has an annoying little sister and I think that really loves to run and race her friend and train for the race and she is nice and she wants to help her friend ellen because they could get kicked out of Denmark because they are Jewish and Denmark does not allow Jews and she doesn’t want her friend to get kicked out. Annemarie is a very annoyed by her little sister because her sister drives her crazy because she is really young and she is rude and she is not that kind to Annemarie and when she wants to be with Annemarie she is upset when Annemarie doesn’t want to hang out with her. Those are my thoughts on Annemarie.

6. I think that Annemarie is a curious girl.Because she was wondering what was in the packet on page 105, she wondered who great aunt I think that Annemarie is a curious girl.Because she was wondering what was in the packet on page 105, she wondered who great aunt birte was and she wondered why she was going to uncle henrik’s house.
    birte was and she wondered why she was going to uncle Henrik’s house.

7. I think that there is some sort of medicine that Annie Marie has to deliver to uncle Henrik. So he can give it to it to Mr. Rosen and the other people going to Sweden. I think this because it might be for if they get sick. Or maybe it’s for some sort of disease that where they are going they wont catch the disease

8. I think the packet at the bottom is something the soldiers are looking for. Or it’s something dangerous. Maybe if her mom told Annmarie it’ll scare her. So maybe that’s why she won’t tell her. Or she might break it if she saw it.

9. I think that there is a map of the route to sweden and where to go when they get there and maybe were to hide the Jews when they get to sweden. I also think that it could be medicine for the Jews if there is any disease in sweden and it could also be medicine for the Rosens since the package fell out of his pocket when he tripped on the stairs heading to the boat too head to sweden.

10. I think that Annemarie is a curious girl because she was wondering what was in the packet on page 105, she wondered who great aunt birte was and she wondered why she was going to uncle henrick’s house.
    I also think Annemarie is an athletic type of person, unlike Ellen. One of the details that told me this was on page 1, sentence 1: “I’ll race you to the corner, Ellen!”. This shows that Annemarie wanted to race Ellen. Another detail was in sentence 8, page 1: “ We have to practice for the athletic meet on Friday- I know I’m going to win the girl’s race this week. I was second last week, but I’ve been practicing every day.Come on, Ellen.”. That really shows how athletic Annemarie is. In conclusion, I think Annemarie is an athletic person, and a curious person.

11. What I think is in the packet is Ellen’s necklace that Annemarie took off her neck and maybe the reason why there are hiding it so the don’t get chased by a guard that might be there .That is why they hid it in a packet.