19 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge 1-16

1. This is a hand creature named Bob. He was from Hand Land. He got fired from the skin company because he wasn’t a good supplier. So then he looked for a car job because he was very HANDY in the garage. But he wasn’t good there either. But there was still the finger nail shop. He got there and the moment he stepped in he knew he belonged there. He was hired! So he ran to the highest building in to town and stood like he did something great. So he got off the building and ran away to work.

2. I was walking down the hallway and … “BOO!” I saw a fake hand from my sister. The man who sold it said it was cursed or something fake like that. Later  we went to sleep and I heard something…It was the hand! But way bigger.It was walking with three fingers! Scared, I woke my sister she saw the hand ,screamed then ran to her closet and got a green bottle.She sprayed it at the hand and it started to shrink until it got small enough that is vanished. Turns out the man was right all along.

3. I think that this picture is our president Donald Trump because the color of the hand is the color of Donald Trump and the face looks likes his. Also its his face on a hand doing a motion that he does. I also think that it is Donald Trump because it has Donald Trump’s blue eyes. The picture looks like him because it has a lot of our president Donald Trump’s features and looks. It could be Donald Trump since it looks exactly like him and maybe they put that there in honor of him being our president of the United states.

4. TWO giants fought in space. One was a monster the other a robot. The monster had faces on its hand and legs were its butt should be. The robot was huge with a sword. As they fought the robot chopped of the monsters hand, sending it flying towards earth. As it entered the Earth’s atmosphere it gained speed, flying towards Boston. Thumph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It landed on the corner of a building.It didn’t fall down or anything it just stood there, like a sentrie for centuries.
    P.S.
    I was laughing out loud the whole time I was composing this piece.

5. “ Oh no help me help me” said a woman from a burning building. But the firefighters couldn’t get to her. All the sudden a hand flew in the building. The woman yelled “ hand man!!!!!” (it’s a man that looks like a hand) Hand man picked her up and flew down to safety. When they got on the ground the woman walked up to the firefighter and slapped him on the face. “ At least hand man can save me!!!!!!” she said. Then everybody started clapping and hand man took a bow and flew off into the bright, big, light blue sky.

• Hi Madi, I absolutely love this story and it made me laugh out loud! Maybe next time you could try and use some different punctuation? It really made me laugh when the woman slapped the fireman, I hope you will write more like this!

6. There was a boy that met a girl At his school He had a crush on her and so did she. Like he was Robin and the girls name was Starfire.He really wanted to kiss her ,but she was doing something.Then one day she came up to Robin and kissed his hand so he quickly got a bag and tied it shut on his hand.The next day his hand popped off and became a superhero that saved people throughout the galaxy,and became a hero legend and watched down on the people forever…..

7. There is a creature with the face of Donald Trump it looks like a hand with his face.This is soooo weird looking… This seriously needs to go…I mean it just looks out of place. I really don’t know what this is… KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding, but really tho it doesn’t look right… this doesn’t belong here on planet earth! again honestly I don’t know what this thing is at all!!! It needs to go!!

8. Zipping around the whole city, on my nerdy bike. Looking at everything, because my hand was open. I closed it and suddenly dropped to the ground and broke my fingers. This was really bad, because when I walked to the medical center, I was way too short to open the doors. So I waited until someone opened them and went with. Wait! There is no hand center. I realized it’s the year 3055. They have fixed global warming to viruses. They would have hand centers. Coming out with my fingers, getting out, I got ran over. 911 what’s your emergency.

9. One day, I was going to my friend’s house. I saw something up on the roof. I asked my friend what it was”Oh it’s just a statue”. I was curious if he was saying the truth but I just went on with it. Day and day I kept checking but it was still like a statue. One night I went there and the statue and the statue moved! It somehow saw me and jumped down and fought! We made loud noises and my friend came and screamed “Stop Sunny”! The statue/monster became a statue again. I soon left.

10. What is this creature? I think it’s an alien because it looks like an astronaut from Mars. It’s probably here to destroy everyone on this planet and then go back to Mars where it belongs. My two opinions on this is, a human is, it might be an alien from Mars that wanted to destroy every person in this world including itself. Or the cameraman was putting special effects on the picture and the angle he took the photo it looks like a hand standing on a building. That’s my opinion!

11. What is this creature ? I personally think it’s someone’s logo for like a glove store or for a salon. So more people will come in. So maybe they have low profit. So they made a logo so they can get more money to pay the rent. But I think it’s a logo for a salon so they can raise more money to pay the rent. So they can get supplies. Also so they can get the products they need. Also if they want to decorate the salon to make the salon pretty. To also to pay all the bills that they need to pay them.

12. In the olden days there was rumors running around town that a clay hand would jump out of the 30 ft trees and attack. People use to say it came from Mount Rushmore and clinged on to many people that visited. It acted like a souvenir biting everything that came near its jaws. It also started traveling across the world. It climbed one of New York’s skyscrapers it jumped off cliffs of Hawaii ,swam in there oceans, then waited years and years to pass.Then his favorite day came The Eclipse!

• Logan, the action in your story is engaging, moving us along on the adventure with the strange creature and the rumours which follow it. I particularly enjoyed your use of the simile of the hand as a souvenir and the idea of the hand climbing skyscrapers and cliffs. I feel as though I’ve had my own souvenir tour of American sights! Well done.
      Ms. M Team 100 Challenge. Sydney, Australia

13. My thought is that it is a companies logo because it is on on top a building and most companies logos are either on top of or on the side of their building I think it was put there to kind of direct people into the building and kind of advertise maybe their company is a lotion store.I think it might even be a symbol pointing to something like a new building. I think that it is definitely a logo or advertisement I am 95%positive it’s a logo or advertisement.

• Hello JJ,

I can see you have put a great deal of thought into what the creature is, where it came from and why it’s there. It could well be an advertising logo. Well done.

Because of your ideas, I did a little research. I found it is a sculpture by Ronnie van Hout. It’s name is Quasi, the artist’s hand made giant. It’s made of steel and polystyrene and is five metres (16.5 feet) high. It sits on a roof on Christchurch, New Zealand’s Art Gallery.

Is it an advertisement? I think, in a way, you are correct. It would be seen from a distance and indicate where the gallery is. Again, well done.

Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
      Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

14. Once there was a hand named Itt and he lived with the addams family and this time he needed a job so he went to the post office and he got  the  job !  Except  to get the job he needed to find out where he came from so he went to the hand ancestry inc. It turns out that he is European and 4% American with 70% native .He got the job though ,so that is good   and he got his own hand motel and he gets to stay until he gets his own place but the addams family were so happy.  

15. “Oh no! WaWa-How-Why-No! My kids it was them!“ I said as I tried to get out of my bed but barely got off. I thought I was used to it by now but I guess I’m not. I still have to go to work even though I’m in a costume. Then, a thought came: what if I go to work in this and ask my boss to make a movie out of the prank my kids pulled on me. Surprisingly he said sure so we made a movie and the fist pose was on a building.

16. I think the Hand came from the movie, The Addams Family because in the movie the Hand walks exactly like that. I also think it could be a mutant from Mars because that thing looks like someone got three hands amputated. The Hand was given a heart and became a superhero because he looks like a superhero or a Ninja Turtle. But that would just be weird, a hand as a superhero. What would it do anyway, just flick them away? That would hurt very much. Also, how would he/she block? With a finger maybe or even a nail.